Becoming a global brand is the dream of every entrepreneur; however, most businesses are still local. This leaves many entrepreneurs wondering how to start this process and if it’s even possible for their business.
When starting to expand your brand, you need to first build trust with your customers, then set goals for yourself that are based on what others have done successfully.
Next, you will want to map out key metrics that define success in your industry – these should be more specific than just website hits or sales.
Then lastly, find professionals who can help execute this plan. By following these steps properly, any entrepreneur can become a more successful global brand.
Read on for step-by-step Instructions on how to go about accomplishing this task…
Build Trust with Your Customers
Before any entrepreneur thinks about extending their business globally, they first need to establish trust with their customer base. This is not a problem when you first launch your company because you don’t have many customers. However, as time goes on, more people buy from you, and then word of mouth can help expand outward if done correctly. You will also want to build some type of social media presence before moving on to the next step.
Set Goals for Yourself
It may be difficult for an entrepreneur to define specific goals at first, but by analyzing how other global brands are successful, anyone can make some educated guesses as to what should be important for their brand. For example, if you are in the clothing industry, your goal might be to increase traffic to your website by 15% each month.
Map Out Key Metrics That Define Success in Your Industry
The previous step will get entrepreneurs thinking about what they should do next. Now it’s time to think more specifically about how this can happen. For example, if you’re a coffee shop owner, you may want to map out specific ways that increased traffic could be beneficial for your brand. You may decide that more people coming into your store would help grow your catering business or lead customers to buy more drinks and desserts while there. These goals should then be written down on paper so that they are not forgotten.
Find Professionals Who Can Help You Execute This Plan
Now that you have specific goals in mind, it’s time to find professionals who can help you meet them. This step may involve hiring a public relations agency or building relationships with products that compliment your brand. The important part of this step is to realize that while there are many ways to attract new customers, the best way is often the least obvious. For example, if you’re trying to increase traffic to your website for branding purposes, maybe placing banner ads everywhere just isn’t going to work, and creating newsworthy content might be better. It all depends on what you’re selling and how people learn about new brands in your industry.
Essential Tips On How Entrepreneurs Can Increase Their Brand Awareness Globally
- Go Online: The first step in increasing brand awareness internationally is creating an account on all major social media platforms. To increase your company’s reach, sign up for accounts on sites such as Facebook and Instagram. Then, post compelling content related to your industry, which can include videos or images of your services or products. If you want to be recognized internationally, it is also important to establish a presence on international business-related forums and blogs that are read by millions of visitors each month.
- Establish a Local Language Website: Having an English-only website may limit the amount of prospective clients who visit your site. Therefore, make sure that your site includes menus and sections in multiple languages, preferably the ones most commonly spoken in countries where you do business. This will make it easier for people from across the globe to find information about your products or services.
- Hire Multilingual Members for Your Team: Even if you have established an English-only website, it may prove beneficial to hire at least one member of staff who speaks multiple languages fluently. This will ensure that you are able to communicate with your foreign customers without difficulty. In addition, if your business is large enough, hiring several multilingual customer service representatives can help you expand into new international markets faster than ever before.
- Get Listed on Directories: Almost every country has its own online directory for companies, including ones specific to certain industries. Taking the time to list your company on these directories ensures that potential clients in different countries know where they need to go when they want to purchase goods or services like yours. In addition, with thousands of visitors each month, these directories offer excellent exposure for businesses looking to expand internationally.
- Have a Professional Website: If you want your business to be taken seriously on an international scale, make sure that your company’s website is professionally designed, easy to navigate, and hire a website development consultant. While having a poorly programmed site may provide initial benefits, such as increased visitor numbers and low costs, it will ultimately hamper your chances of increasing brand awareness abroad. Ensuring that your website ranks highly in search engines like Google can generate more traffic; then, you can use proven techniques such as pay-per-click campaigns to increase prospective customer interest in your goods or services.
Wrapping It All Up
As this guide shows, entrepreneurs who wish to increase their brand awareness globally must take several steps to ensure that people in different markets know about their products or services. From publishing attractive content on your website to highlighting international growth opportunities for members of staff, there are multiple ways you can increase your worldwide presence.
By following these tips, entrepreneurs will be better equipped to create new relationships with clients abroad and succeed on an international scale.